Monday, March 12, 2007

Muddy, Marshy--March Break

Posted by PicasaToday I took some lieu time from work and started my day by going to town to meet a friend for coffee. Coming home to work on a writing assignment, from inside the house I could hear the murmur of children's voices outside the windowed side door that leads out from our big gathering room. Yes, I peered out, and there were two girls, deep in the world of play--a sight I find impossible to resist. Victoria was making "oatmeal" out of mud. Mmmmm. Tiffany-Amber said "I don't like oatmeal." Later that evening I visited their apartment downstairs and told Tiffany-Amber that I'd noticed them making oatmeal. "You heard us?" she said, with a shy little smile on her face, as if she hadn't expected an adult witness to their playworld.
Earlier that day, before coffee with my friend, I had spent time with pen and journal, finding anew the gift it is to lay out a problem on the page and work it through. I wrote this prayer:
Dear Lord, how I thank you for the space on the page--a place to pour out my soul and gather it together again, restored.
2 Corinthians 1:24 (New International Version)
24Not that we lord it over your faith, but we work with you for your joy, because it is by faith you stand firm.

No comments: