The Adventure Continues

Note: Following the post of a few days ago entitled "Treasure in Strange Places." I had an email from someone from our church, who had read the post and who said:

"Mystery solved! I was counting the offering and wondered where that muddy bill came from!" :)
______________________________

Joshua 1:16-17 (New International Version)
16 Then they answered Joshua, "Whatever you have commanded us we will do, and wherever you send us we will go. 17 Just as we fully obeyed Moses, so we will obey you. Only may the LORD your God be with you as he was with Moses.

This morning in Philip Yancey's book, Prayer--Does it Make Any Difference?, I read a story entitled Treasure Hunt by someone named Harold. There were some lines about Tolkien's Lord of the Rings series that struck me with their relevance to the life of adventure in Christ. About Frodo, Harold wrote:

Poor Frodo only gets enough direction for the next lap of the journey. As he looks back, it all works out, but most of the time he walks around confused and helpless. Only occasionally, and in subtle ways does Gandalf actively give assistance and guidance.

God's guidance--one step at a time--how often I wish he'd give me the map! And yet...I've learned that I can trust him--and more--that his plans are amazing. I have only to follow.

The adventure continues...
Brenda came upstairs followed by two daughters fresh from their piano lessons. Her bright eyes and urgent manner told me there was news. I sat to listen--anxious to hear what she had to say.

As she drove to the piano lessons with two girls and a dog, she was thinking, "It's Thurday evening and where's my "Wow?""
She dropped off Victoria for her lesson and then, with Tiffany-Amber and Molson went to the park for half an hour to walk. There she met a woman with a black lab and they got talking about the dogs. Brenda shared that how she wanted to use the Molson as a therapy dog as part of the outreach ministries of our church. Then the woman shared how the Jewish tooth fairy had visited their house and that she always leaves behind the tooth and the money. Brenda laughed and said, "The Christian tooth fairy must be cheap!" It was time to go back to get Victoria but the woman showed Brenda where she lived and said, "Next week when you come back, knock on my door and we can walk our dogs together."

A few minutes later, Brenda came back to the park with Victoria and there was a man with his son who was named Noah. Brenda asked him, "Why did you name your son Noah?" and the man replied, "We like biblical names."
"Are you a Christian?" she asked.
He said, "Yes."
"I am too," said Brenda, "Which church do you go to?"
He told her that he belonged to a Christian sect named the Christadelphians. That began a conversation through which Brenda said the words just flowed from her. The man told her that they didn't believe in three gods (the Trinity). Brenda said, "I don't believe in three gods either." She told him that as her mind, spirit and body are separate parts but she is one person, so is God the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit--and on their conversation went--God giving her the words to speak truth into every difference in belief!

In the space of two half hour piano lessons, she had two "Wow"s.


Matthew 28:9 (New International Version)
9Suddenly Jesus met them. "Greetings," he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him.




Comments

Leann said…
yes one never knows when the Lord can use you.he does some times when I didnt even know it.some thing I say touchs some one and gets them a clear view of the Lord and you dont even know what you said.
I was going through a time in my life that was really had.I was losing my beautiful mobil home that I had only had for less then 2 and half years.
the Lord had helped me get it to bless me.but now I was asked to give it back to him.
I had to do it not knowing why.no questions asked just trust and obey.
my son in law came one day and as he was getting ready to go I felt I should tell him not to let this
lessn his faith.
I found out a few years later he was touched by it.he was having problems and we were talking.
he said mom I remmebered what you said when you were losing your home.not to let it lesson my faith.
it had gotten down in his soul and when it was needed it popped up to help when he needed it most.

some times the only Jesus others will see,is Jesus in you.

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family