The Apologetic Christian

Matthew 24:30 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
30"At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.

"And all the nations of the world will mourn..."

The mind is an interesting thing. It has the ability to block out certain information and then live in denial of the true facts. Mine did this tonight when I ate a helping of apple crisp and ice-cream, while reading Weight Watchers magazine. If I really thought about it, those two activities don't really go together, but tonight, in my kitchen, strangely, they did!

We ignore reality and live our lives as if we will go on forever and I wonder if we really believe that Jesus will return. Oh, I know that on one level if we belong to Christ, we believe it, but do we live as if it's true?

"And all the nations of the world will mourn..."

It's possible that people who know me could be in that number of post Second Coming mourners, and at the moment they could be mourning because they never knew about Jesus until it was too late.

Someone was telling me today, how they would define a Christian. They said something that stuck with me, "A Christian is someone who doesn't keep what they know to themself."

When at 16 I first became really serious about my faith, I enthusiastically and earnestly drove my non-believing father to hide behind his newspaper in self defense. I'm not advocating that type of insensitivity to the Holy Spirit, but now I am too polite, too apologetic in a world that desperately needs to "know what I know."

I would give my life for the fact that Jesus came once, fulfilling in detail the prophecies about his birth, life and death and that he will come again, fulfilling the prophecies about his second coming. Why don't I live as if I believe it's true?

Dear Lord, please open my eyes, my ears and my spirit to those around me in whose lives you may be working. Give me more holy boldness and passion for the lost. I want to care more, be ready, when you open the door, to tell what I know, and be watching and praying for that to happen.

Matthew 24:37-38 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
37As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark;

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family