Connecting

Yesterday (Saturday) I arrived in England! The morning was chilly but bright and sunny and the day soon warmed up to the perfect summer's day.

This morning I find myself suddenly aware of an area in which I need God's power and help. In the past 24 hours I've connected with Mum's new neighbour from the flat upstairs and her daughter, three of Mum's caregivers, and my nephew. The need I'm praying about this morning is to be able to cross the "Great Divide", the gulf that separates me from the souls of the people whose paths cross mine. I long to be able to share Jesus with the people that I meet who don't know him and it seems important to do so because I might be the only believer who they are in contact with, yet to do so seems awkward and contrived.

Well, maybe it is contrived if I'm trying to make it happen. Maybe I just need to care, to listen and be ready if the Holy Spirit opens up the way. Otherwise maybe I should just relax! I can be sure that this is one situation that God has an agenda for, and I know that it's his longing to reach every life, through those of us who know him.

Prayer: Dear Lord, please take me to a deeper level of connection and perception when in conversation with people. Father I pray that every conversation will become a "Divine Encounter" because you are in me. I don't mean that every conversation will or should be evangelistic, but I pray that in the simplest of interactions, your love, your mercy, your kindness, your servant-hood, your keen insight will be in operation. I thank you for the answer already for I anticipate that something will result from this prayer. Give me your eyes, your heart O Lord.

Exodus 19:6
You will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.

1 Peter 2:9
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the promises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family