Moments in Time

By Belinda


I got lost in old photographs this evening. I found these when I was in Alvechurch in March. 


I'm so thankful for photographs. I have many albums upstairs in the loft room, but in 2006 I went digital and started saving photos in Picasa albums. 


It was so good to look at photos of my Alvechurch visits over the past 6 years. I have the photos on my laptop and even some short video clips. How precious they are, and how wonderful it was to retrace those wonderful moments.


Time goes by so quickly. These photos are from the 1950's and 1960's and even those moments seem like only yesterday. In the top one I think I was three. In the second about ten and in the third fifteen--a mere 47 years ago!:)



Comments

Anonymous said…
I love photos - and love reviewing them. They are treasures. You look marvelous in all of them!!!

Photos als remind me of things to be thankful for - perhaps things I didn't thank the Lord for in times past. The photos captured moments I didn't realize were gifts from God.

Enjoy.
Anonymous said…
Whoops - made a boo-boo. Photos always remind me...(not als). Brain works faster than my fingers.
Belinda said…
Dear Friend, Thank you for your thoughts. Don't worry, I interpreted your first email although I thought als was "also." :)

I found the point you made about moments captured that you didn't realize were gifts from God very poignant. How often that is true. How important to treasure the "now."
Belinda, I loved the photo's ... do you have all your computer photos saved in a couple of places. Do you remember recently when a couple from your area had their computer stolen and it had their only photographs of their child who had died very young. It terrified me so I've made sure that the photos we have, the very few we have, are backed up. Anyways, lovely to see you across the years.
Belinda said…
Dave, you are giving wise advice. I do need to back them up. Last time Pete was over he tried to do it for me but the laptop is old and was not cooperating. He said I need to manually move the folders over to my separate hard drive. If my laptop crashed I would be toast. I have so much stuff on it!

I will make this a priority. I would be devastated if anything happened to the photos.

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family