The Immersion Method

By Belinda
Thou hast led me to place all my nature and happinessin oneness with Christ,in having heart and mind centred only on him,in being like him in communicating good to others;But I need the force, energy, impulses of thy Spiritto carry me on the way to my Jerusalem...


The Valley of Vision; Christ Alone p.41



John 17:22-23

The Message (MSG)
 20-23I'm praying not only for them
   But also for those who will believe in me
   Because of them and their witness about me.
   The goal is for all of them to become one heart and mind—
   Just as you, Father, are in me and I in you,
   So they might be one heart and mind with us.
   Then the world might believe that you, in fact, sent me.
   The same glory you gave me, I gave them,
   So they'll be as unified and together as we are—
   I in them and you in me.
   Then they'll be mature in this oneness,
   And give the godless world evidence
   That you've sent me and loved them
   In the same way you've loved me.

Dear Readers,
I've written less lately for a couple of reasons. One is that I've been doing research for a short speech that I was writing. It's a privilege I have each year, writing this particular presentation speech--but the way I go about it is the immersion method--saturating myself in everything I can possibly find out about the person receiving the award that the speech is connected to. Although it is only 500 words long, and most of what I come to know about the person can't possibly be included, I feel the need to come to the writing of it with as intimate a knowledge as possible, of the person it is about. I want to go deep, and hope that somehow that depth is distilled into each word! I have no idea if I succeed in my quest, but it's the only way I can happily do this thing.


As well, I have been trying to get to bed early enough to get up early and have time for God time in the morning one on one. Paul and I pray and read together, but precious as that is, it meets a different need to one to one time with God, where he can seep into me, and we can become one. The immersion method.


Kind of like my speech writing, in which I hope that the hours of time reading and getting to know the subject of the speech will show; I have more than hope--I have God's promise--that as I spend time in his Presence and saturate myself in him, it really will show in all that I am, do, say and write.


With the busyness of life, I had let this treasured time get squeezed out. Eventually I just dry up, like a plant without water. I am nothing but an empty husk without him.


So that's where I've been and what I've been doing dear readers. I don't know you all, but I cherish you and the fact that you check in now and again. I trust you enough to think that you prefer quality to quantity, and the quality comes from only one source. It isn't me. :)


Love you! Belinda



Comments

Anonymous said…
Nothing is more important than your relationship with Christ. Nothing. You cannot give to others unless you are given to. Feed on the Word - communicate with Him. You will be blessed, and in turn bless others.
Belinda said…
Thank you for the encouragement in the right direction, Anon!

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family