Friday, June 24, 2011

Celebrating Seeing

By Belinda

On Thursday the cataract on my right eye was removed and a beautiful new lens implanted. I am the recipient of a modern medical miracle and so very grateful. The surgery went perfectly and as I lay on the stretcher in the recovery room, through the clear plastic eye shield, I looked at the clock on the wall and saw the time. Right after the operation!

I have seen only fuzzy shapes through that eye for so long, and felt so inhibited because I couldn't see the expression on people's faces when they were any distance away. We rely so much on facial cues--you take it for granted when you see clearly.

I am grateful, grateful, grateful. I thank God and bless the hands of the skilled surgeon who did the operation: Dr. Leslie Landecker.

My daughter-in-law, Sue, put this song up on Facebook in celebration of my new sight. It says exactly what I feel!

2 comments:

Afsoon and Shapour said...

Hello,

I have visited your blog and enjoyed it very much. It has a great inspiration.

Would you like to visit my weblog which I created about 8 months ago?

My wife and I are Iranian and live in the UK. We love Jesus and our weblog is mostly about our Lord. Since we are Iranian we have added some Persian topics to the weblog, but you can read and watch English ones.

Our weblog is http://creation-to-eternity.blogspot.com

God Bless,

Shapour.

Belinda said...

Shapour, I just visited your blog and love it. You are sharing the good news of Jesus Christ in a wonderful way. Thank you for leaving your blog address!