Strength for the Journey

Matthew 11:28 (New International Version)
28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Her bright eyes looked at me, sparkling with excitement as she spoke. She'd been praying for a specific need. The need had existed for quite some time--it had always been hard to fill it and even young and energetic as she was, she'd been getting worn down by the care of it.

So when we met, I couldn't wait to hear her news. She'd only told me over the phone that God had given her a "word" and that she'd stood on it--and the floodgates had opened, bringing answers to her prayer.

The word had been Matthew 11:28--the beginning a perfect description of how she was feeling.
"Then," she said, "I saw a vision of Christ on the cross, and he said, "I did this, so that you could give me all things.""

"And so," she said, "I did--and a week later--here you go!"

When the fringes of a miracle brush my life, I can only bow my head in worship. When we are weary he carries us; when we give him all of our burdens--he carries them too--and when we call--he answers; never early...but always on time.

Ephesians 3:16-19 (New International Version)
16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family