Sweet September

Honestly-summer this year was exhausting!

July and August were busy at work, with significant change to adjust to, and then on the home front there were all of the emotions that went with the move of our beloved family downstairs into their new home, in August.

So much was going on that there was no energy for some things that I love, especially writing, and I felt that was okay for the time being. But I noticed the world around me; the fields that surrounded our house in August full of an army of soldiers standing row upon row with golden spears in hand. They stood erect and tall awaiting the battle cry, and I admired their fortitude; until one September day I looked out and saw an army of warriors gone to seed; standing now in remembrance of summer past.  

I welcomed September with its sense of returning order and normalcy, even though a "new normal." Tonight rain drummed on our rooftop and skylights and I reflected on a day that felt like a turning point.

Today in the new office in the city where I now work part of the week, I felt completely at home. I relaxed into my office and felt I belonged. My laptop got connected to the printer in the hallway, and I had my first phone calls directly to that office phone. It didn't matter that it was only our IT department calling to set up the printer on the laptop--someone found me there! People dropped in to visit, and in between, I enjoyed the hum of activity surrounding me. I have a new place, and "a place" is what I have. I didn't even mind the long drive  home. I had an engrossing crime novel to listen to on the journey and I considered the drive the start of my weekend.

So friends, all this to let you know that it is well in Belindaland, and I hope with you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
So glad all is well. Your silence was a little concerning. I hope the order in your world will allow the creative side to roam free. So glad you "are back".
Belinda said…
Dear Anonymous friend, It means so much to have been missed a little! Writing is a core part of my being,and I've missed it too.

I am breathing deep and reveling in being here again, listening for, "Whatever he says!" :)
Brave Raven said…
I'm sure I'm not the only reader who has checked daily, but understood that life has been getting in the way. Sweet September indeed, and well worth the wait to read, "But I noticed the world around me; the fields that surrounded our house in August full of an army of soldiers standing row upon row with golden spears in hand. They stood erect and tall awaiting the battle cry, and I admired their fortitude; until one September day I looked out and saw an army of warriors gone to seed; standing now in remembrance of summer past."

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family