Holy Ground

By Belinda



I sit in the quiet of a Saturday morning in Bond Head; the rest of the household still asleep and the silver gray curtain of 
morning is slowly raising on another good day.


Just over 12 hours ago I arrived home from an unplanned two weeks in Alvechurch, Mum having died on March 6th. Let me rephrase that: Her body wore out and her heart stopped beating; she is still very much alive and with us; I think that we can all feel that.


I am overwhelmed by the events of the past three months. I must write it them down as they are filled with so much of God's grace. I hardly know how to begin, but I will yield my fingers on the keyboard to God, and begin over the next few days, hoping and praying that I do not miss one important instance of the many signs of love that God gave, lavishly and continuously; mysteriously weaving together so many details that I am left shaking my head in amazement.


In attempting to write it out, I will be retelling some details shared earlier, but now in a different context.


My heart cries out with the angels:
Luke 2:14
New International Version (NIV)
 14 “Glory to God in the highest heaven,
   and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”

Lord, help me tell my story of your grace in the journey of Mum's leaving us for now. I know that all over the world there are other  wonderful stories going on which you are involved, but this one I was in the middle of, and you gave me eyes to see. Please also give me the words to write. 

Comments

Susan said…
Amen.

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family