A Full Tank

I continue to learn as I work on incorporating new habits into my life. It isn't that I can never extend myself, or make a supreme effort when it is called for. That has been called for this week at work, but when I wrote on Thursday evening about not being asleep at my post anymore, I talked myself out of starting a big task at 10.30 p.m. and instead went to bed.

I was rested for the next day. The day was busy but highly productive and then I chilled out with Paul by watching a movie until 8.30.

I remembered then that because it was Friday, Meg was writing the blog post for Saturday. That was a wonderful thing to enjoy--a blog Sabbath.

I did do a couple of hours of work on some deadline driven tasks. What difference running on a full tank makes.

I am so used to running on empty, through sheer grit, will and determination but I have long struggled with a tendency to fall asleep easily at meetings. I am also a master of procrastination before getting on with a big task that is waiting and seems a bit overwhelming.

Love your neighbour as yourself; you have to love yourself first, in order to love others. Rest first to work. Both counterintuitive principles.

Luke 1:51-52 (New International Version)
51 He has performed mighty deeds with his arm;
he has scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts.
52 He has brought down rulers from their thrones
but has lifted up the humble.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family