Saturday, May 03, 2008

Be Unto Your Name

In Memory of Jeff Brent Wierdsma
April 8, 1975-April 28, 2008

Be Unto Your Name
(Click on post title to play)

Verse 1:
We are a moment, You are forever
Lord of the Ages,God before time
We are a vapor,You are eternal
Love everlasting, reigning on high

Chorus:
Holy, holy, Lord God Almighty
Worthy is the Lamb Who was slain
Highest praises, honor and glory
Be unto Your name, be unto Your name


Verse 2:
We are the broken, You are the healer
Jesus, Redeemer, Mighty to save
You are the love song we'll sing forever
Bowing before You, blessing Your name
(Chorus)

Robin Mark

**************************************
It was a gray day. A blustery wind blew and rain fell in sheets as car after car arrived, filling the parking lot to overflowing at First Christian Reformed Church in Orillia. There was standing room only as we gathered to remember Jeff Wierdsma and celebrate a life that was achingly short. Jeff was battling cancer but it was a rare reaction to the drugs used in the chemo that caused irreversible damage to his lungs and his death. Our hearts go out to Lana-Joy, little Jonathan and their family. To get to know Jeff through the memories of friends, you can visit http://www.jeffwierdsma.blogspot.com/

One thing was evident from the memorial service; Jeff's life was full. It was full of faith, friends and family; the things that matter. Although he was so young (33 years old), he left a legacy that any one of us would be proud to leave; memories of laughter, kindness and courage. And this life, after all, is so short.

From the back of the bulletin:
Question 1 from the Heidelberg Catechism
What is your only comfort in life and in death?

Answer:
That I am not my own,
but belong -
body and soul,
in life and in death -
to my faithful Saviour Jesus Christ.

He has fully paid for all my sins with his
precious blood,
and has set me free from the tyranny of
the devil.
He also watches over me in such a way
that not a hair can fall from my head
without the will of my Father in heaven:
in fact, all things must work together for
my salvation.

Because I belong to him,
Christ, by his Holy Spirit,
assures me of eternal life
and makes me wholeheartedly willing and
ready
from now on to live for him.

No comments: