Harvest Will Come

Galatians 6:9 (New Living Translation)
9 So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.

Hebrews 12:3 (New International Version)
3 Consider him who endured...so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

This week, in my Bible, I found a slip of paper with my mum's familiar handwriting, on which she had written all four verses of a hymn. This is the first verse.

Father, I place into Your hands
The things that I can't do.
Father, I place into your hands
The times that I've been through
Father, I place into your hands
The way I should go,
For I know I always can trust You.

The fields around our home have been filled with men and trucks and machinery since we got home from England last Saturday; the land being stirred up into smoky clouds of dust rising into the chill autumn air.

Tiffany-Amber, who's been watching the process from her school yard, found it all fascinating and tried to demonstrate to me through hand gestures how the harvesting machinery worked--the grain gushing through and being churned around as it poured.

As I drove home in the dark evenings, I could see the lights across the fields that told me the workers were still out there. I thought of how tired they must be as they had been out there from early morning. But they had to keep going.

Going on vacation felt like skidding to a screeching stop--so sudden was the change of pace--but from the start of this week I could feel my neck tensing painfully as I tried to work through some tough situations and help others through their stress too. I needed to find the hymn in my Bible, with its reminder to trust in God.

In spite of the intensity of this week it is good to be back on the land. Harvest is coming!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family