Same World--Different Person

Matthew 11:28-30 (New International Version)
28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Same world--different person

In my heart, regret for all those years I didn't "see"

Control and aggression have no place in a gentle heart

And I thought my heart was gentle


Taking responsibility

For other's feelings and actions

--such hard and unnecessary work

And I didn't even realize I was doing it!


"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me

for I am gentle and humble in heart,

and you will find rest for your souls,

For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

And suddenly it is--so light!


1 Corinthians 13:4-5 (New International Version)
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family